The World through Tippe's Eyes

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.
~Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Look what I found

I was going through several of my old journals today, just the ones from the past few years, reflecting on how I've grown and who I've become since starting college and my adult life. And after finding this poem I wrote while bored at work one day, I realize that I need to brush up on my vocabulary! (Although I think I was studying for the GRE at this time, to be fair). And really, I need more art, adventure, and creativity in my life. I mean, after all who doesn't!

Friday, June 12, 2009
The city stands a mile high above
and Man has made his Babylon today.
To reach the heav'ns, to prove perfection's lie
- an ephemeral state of seeking out
the higher faster stronger ways for all.
Pedantic airs, occluding love and worse:
ignoring nature's diatribe to Us,
the World - Our human taciturnity,
a non-response to the dear mother earth.
Oh, fate and destiny will have revenge.
Man lives, a microcosm of all life.
Eternity all emotion consumes.
To love with no reciprocating force,
One man stands high above adversity.
What pain, what anguish shows us now, the Way.
But one Man makes all hearts to suffer more,
that one Man, he can't Love to save a life.
How One man loves, one Man cannot, He loves,
but not one Girl. Attenuated here
she falls away, for ignorance is bliss.
one Girl stands high above the city miles
and miles into the sky. She now looks down
to see one Man, but Oh, she sees the World.
Come down to meet One man who teaches Love.
one Man and Babylon have been destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment